EXP 4.0 MERINO REWOOLUTION
Merino wool - maybe the world's best material?
We can never stop talking about merino wool. A pure, natural material that regulates body temperature – in dry and wet conditions. It’s soil-resistant and completely odorless – unlike artificial materials. Wool, by nature, doesn’t trigger allergies. A unique material that’s become even better.
Using modern technology (EXP 4.0), wool is specially treated with an unrivalled method that requires fewer chemicals (no chlorine) and uses up to 50% less water than older treatments that make the wool machine washable and dryable.
EXP 4.0 is the first wool treatment that meets stringent requirements under the Bluesign®, Global Organic Textile, and Öko-Tex standards.
Seger obviously chose to knit its Sense and EveryDay socks in EXP 4.0 treated wool. The result? Lower environmental impact and better, more functional, easily maintained products.
The numerous advantages of FRICTION RELIEF:
- Minimum friction compared with other fibres and solid materials. Even when the socks are wet.
- Wear-resistant and non-bobbling even when compared with polyamide.
- Good resistance to chemicals, so can be washed again and again.
- Does not absorb water, dries quickly, which reduces friction.
- Repels oil – easy to keep clean.
- Flameproof (LOI of 95%). Used for fire brigade uniforms and socks.
- UV resistant. We give a 20-year guarantee on the material’s surface structure.
- Excellent colour fastness.
- Resistant to biological fouling.
- Does not shrink during washing or tumble-drying.
Dri-release is a unique fabric that feels like cotton and keeps wearers comfortable, dry and odor-free. Made from a patented yarn, with just a trace of natural fibers, Dri-release combines the best qualities of both - it wicks moisture away from the skin and it’s soft to the touch. A Freshguard® treatment embedded in the yarn virtually eliminates odor.
COOLMAX® ensures your feet stay dry and fresh throughout the match or the competition. A material that breathes, and wicks moisture away from your feet.
Bamlana is a new ecological material made of bamboo fibers and merino wool. It is 100% natural and provides outstanding moisture transport, ventilation and thermoregulation. Furthermore, Bamlana is odor resistant, lightweight, soft and very comfortable to wear. Oeko-Tex approved.
Gore-tex Infinium™ is a lightweight and very thin membrane that provides total wind-protection and excellent ventilation simultaneously. The membrane’s micropore structure keeps cold wind out but allows moisture to escape, keeping you dry, warm and comfortable.
PIUMAFIL® contains a mix of hand-picked cotton and natural Kapok. The combination gives a feeling of unique lightness and a remarkably mild and silky smooth product that leads moisture away from your body.